Summer Dance Intensive
Ballet Magnificat!’s Summer Dance Intensive is much more than just a dance camp… IT'S A MISSIONS OPPORTUNITY! Each year over 300 students, from around the world, come to Jackson, MS, for the Summer Dance Intensive and find so much more than just ballet. These students discover that Jesus Christ is the source of true life, that He loves them, and that He has a plan and purpose for their lives. The result is students walking in the freedom that Christ provides and spreading His truth to a world that is in desperate need of His love.
These students need caring adults to mentor them and encourage them as they learn about Christ. If you have a heart to make an impact on young people, and desire to use some of your summer to attain that goal, a counselor position may be just what you are looking for.
1) Men and women (20 years old and older) to serve as counselors/chaperones
2) You may choose between 2-week and 4-week options for time of service
3) Qualifications are flexible, but a strong commitment to the Lord and references from a pastor are a must
4) Counselors are responsible for the cost of their room and meals.
a) Room costs: 2 weeks $495; 4 weeks $887.
b) Meals: $6.99 per cafeteria meal eaten.
5) Counselors are required to arrive three days prior to the start of their session for Counselor Orientation.
6) This is a missions opportunity.
7) Deadline for submitting application is April 1, but earlier submission of your application is extremely helpful.
*Please note that a background check will be run on all counselor applicants.*
Click here for a Counselor Application to fill out and send in:
2019 Counselor Application (536 KB)
Counselors play a significant role in everyday life here at the Summer Dance Intensive. Students are divided into small groups, approximately 10-12 per group. Housed on the same floor of the dorm as their small group, counselors oversee and provide support for their students. Responsibilities range from being an away-from-home mother/dad/friend, to overseeing the students when not in class, to conducting the Bible Study.
Each year, counselors arrive prepared to share their love for our Lord as they lead their students through the riggers of the Summer Dance Intensive. Most first-time counselors are not prepared for the tremendous blessings they receive from their students and for the personal spiritual growth they encounter as a participant in this unique ministry. Click here to read what previous counselors have to say about their experiences.